Due to the high volume of inquiries, it is taking us longer to respond and we apologize for the wait. Please know that we are doing everything we can to respond as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
If you are at risk of being evicted or having your utilities disconnected, please email our hotline at email@example.com.
NOTE: The ND Rent Help phone system was affected by a broad systemwide outage throughout the day on December 17. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please be assured that the telephone number did not change. The disruption was temporary.
If you are a housing provider that has received payments from ND Rent Help before and need help entering a request for payment or creating a Housing Provider Company Profile, visit our ND Rent Help guide here.
You'll find specific help on:
- Logging in for the first time: pages 5-9
- Setting up your Housing Provider Profile: pages 11-17
- Initiating an request: pages 19-26
If you are a new vendor and haven't received payments from us before for rent or utility assistance, the first step is to get signed up as a vendor with ND OMB. Check out our user guide here.
North Dakota renter household may qualify if they:
- Are earning up to 80% of area median income (AMI), which equals an annual income of up to $80,000 for a family of four depending on the county in which they live;
- Have received unemployment benefits or have experienced financial hardship due to the pandemic since March 13, 2020; and
- Are at risk of housing instability or homelessness due to difficulty affording housing and housing-related costs.
- Households who are experiencing homelessness
- Households who are at imminent risk of eviction
- PRIORITY is being given to:
- Household earning 50% AMI or less
- Households that include a member who is currently unemployed and has been unemployed for 90 days or longer.